Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default when starting excel 2007 i get a preview page

This is from another newsgroup (microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs)
Adam found a solution for the same problem you have.

Maybe you can try it ?
I did consult another source and they told me that one of the recent excel
updates through Windows Update may be the problem. I checked the latest
updates and uninstalled KB934670. Once uninstalled, Excel starting
functioning normally again.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Andrew" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron - I tried all those things - cleared the Temp folder; re-registered
the application; specified the full path.
Still have the same problem. In addition, I checked the event log files for
any indications - nothing reported anywhere as far as I could see.
I expanded the full title of the taskbar entry when Excel starts wrong. It
reads:
"Preview: Page 1920010 of 1920011"
It shows this exact same title every time it doesn't start correctly.
I will reinstall Office later if I can't find any other solution, but I was
hoping for something simpler.
Thank you for your help so far.
Andrew.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Andrew

The only thing I know that you can try now is to clear your Temp folder.
And re-register Excel.

If this is not working I have no other ideas then re-installing Office
But maybe others have ideas

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

StartRun
Enter %temp%
Ok
delete all files and folders in this temp folder

Then this

1 ) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Andrew" wrote in message ...
Ron, it was a new install, not an upgrade. It's the only version installed.
It is part of the 'Office Home and Student 2007' package, new retail version.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Andrew

Is it a upgrade from a older version or do you have more then one version of Excel installed

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Andrew" wrote in message ...
I ran the diagnostics and no problems were found.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Try this

Try to Run Office Diagnostics on

Office ButtonExcel Options...Resources

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Andrew" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the reply Ron.
I just started then closed Excel in safe mode 6 times, one after the other.
The first time it started OK. Attempts 2 and 3 gave me the blue page.
Attempts 4 and 5 were OK. Attempt 6 failed again.
No other app was touched during this time.
Seems to be random.
Andrew.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Andrew

When you start excel in Safe modus a few times do you have the same prooblem then ?
When you start Excel hold the Ctrl key and say Yes in the dialog

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Andrew" wrote in message ...
Several times when I start Excel 2007, I get a blank blue page called
"preview:19200' and there are no options to cancel it.
I close it from the taskbar and hope I can start the application properly by
double-clicking the Excel document I want to work on. Doesn't always work.
About 8 times out of 10 Excel starts normally with no problem.
My OS is Vista. Plenty of resources available.