Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
compactstu compactstu is offline

Default using the google spreadsheets

hi Harlan,

thanks for your help.

Stuart

On Aug 15, 7:55 pm, "Harlan Grove" wrote:
"compactstu" wrote...
First of all thanks for those advising me. Second I suppose that the
google spreadsheets are simular to exell. If not please say so.

Why would you expect Excel users to know how any other spreadsheet works?
Many do, but they probably know OLDER spreadsheets than Excel rather than
newer ones.

Third. ...Anyone can tell me the formula for subtracting 1 cell from
another?

Same as in Excel (or nearly any other spreadsheet)

=A6-B6

returns the value of A6 minus the value of B6.