Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
TN Judge TN Judge is offline

Default Need to know how to write a formula

I have 129 kids at my church and they have been charged with doing certain
things to earn points. I am making a spreadsheet to record their
accomplishments, like, if they study their lesson they get 10 points, if they
memorize a verse, they get 15 points, if they participate in a fund raiser
they get 50 points, and so on. I have a chart that shows their points and
can figure out their total points earned. However, I want to know how many
times a certain chore was completed. I am trying to find out how many times
each point value appears in the whole chart. That way I'll know which things
the kids are doing the most, which may show me I need to add or delete an
assignment. Right now I have A2 through A161 and A - F columns. Anyone have
a light bulb go on??? Thanks.