Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Renee C Renee C is offline

Default opening excel documents

I was having this same problem in Excel 2003. In 2005 the same problem was
happening according to the blogs. See Andy's fix below:
"Hi - Go to Tools|Options|General and uncheck Ignore Other Applications. That
might sort it out for you. Andy"
--
It worked for Excel 2003 so I hope it works for you also!

Renee

"colleen" wrote:

Has anyone ever experienced troubles opening a document that is on the
desktop or from email attachment.
when I double click on the document from either desktop or email attachment
the document is blank and toolbars are greyed out.
But if i open excel program and do file open and choose that same file on
desktop it opens fine??