Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default How do I add a vertical line to a horizontal bar chart?

Hi,

For bar charts with a vertical line you need to use xy-scatter to provide
the line either as two points joined or with error bars.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"hogon" wrote in message
Sorry if I'm missing something, but I believe the link below relates to
column or line charts only. The original question pertains to horizontal
bar
charts, which is what I'm working with as well. For example, county names
is
my Category axis, and percent obese is my Value axis. I would like a
vertical line to appear at "12%" on the value axis. I've tinkered with
the
peltiertech.com instructions, but can't seem to break through.
Thank you for any help you can provide.
Loretta

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"soconfused" wrote in message
How do I add a vertical date line to a horizontal bar chart?
--
DMM