Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Dynamic Chart Title?

Hi,

You can link chart titles to a cell in Excel. In fact you can link Chart,
Axis and Data labels to cells.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

If the text you want to display comes from multiple cells then use a helper
cell and formula, such as CONCATENATE, to build the text you want displayed
in a single cell.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"bgrubbs" wrote in message
Kent,
I think you are asking about updating the chart title, not just a series
title. In Excel 2003, you cannot link chart titles to cells.
What I have done in the past is to create another data series with the
series title linked to another cell. Then I make the data series format
so
that it is blank. Then the graphs' legend can be moved near the title and
it
looks like it is part of the title. Of course if you have multiple items
you
are graphing and the legend is a key part of the graph this may not work
your liking.