Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default remove time stamp from date in excel

Copied from the previous post and annotated:

First: Select the column of date/times to be impacted
(so if your 'dates' are in A2:A500....select that range)

Then...from the Excel main menu:
Click: <data<text-to-columns
Step_1: Check: Delimited..........Click [Next]
Step_2: Check: Space..............Click [Next]
Step_3: Check: Select the 2nd column (with the time in it)
...........Check: Do not import column
...........Repeat for any other columns to the right of the date
...........Click [Finish]

Note: I enclose menu commands with these characters <.
Example: <file<savemeans:
......Click FILE from the Main Menu
......Click SAVE from the list

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2003, WinXP

"Tony Mitchell" wrote:

Ron - can you explain how to start with the steps you recommend. I don't see where to select delimited from the Excel main menu as noted. The data I need to truncate is already pasted into a column so I don't need to import the data.

Thanks,

Tony

http://www.eggheadcafe.com