Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ictime ictime is offline

Default Conditional Formatting and Entering Dates with out dashes

Thank you for your help. I tried the link you gave me and it worked for enter
my dates into C column. But doing so changed my B column because the formula
uses the dates in column C. Now column B shows numbers but not dates. I read
somewhere that this is the serial number format of the date. So I wanted to
know if there was a way to correct this. Any assistance is appreciated.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Question 1 - Conditional Formatting. Place your cursor in Cell B1. Now
highlight the entire column. Select Format - Conditional Formatting -
Selection is Equal to and in the Formula box put = C1 + 10. change the
format to Bold and you are good to go...

Question 2 - Entering Dates. Check out this link...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"ictime" wrote:

First thank you to everyone who has answered a question on this site. It has
been very helpful.

Here are my issues.

I have a worksheet with 5 columns of data. Column B has a formula that
references column C. The formula looks like this =+C1+10. There are other
formulas in this column but I am only concerned with this one. Anytime this
occurs I want the cell to be bolded. I know to use conditional formatting and
I figured out that I must use the cell is equal to section. But I don't
remember how to write the formula so that it will mean Column C any Row + 10.

Second issue involves entering dates. I would like to be able to type 11207
and have it appear in a cell as 01/12/2007. I found an add-on but we are no
allowed to download items. Is there any other way to make this possible?

Once again thank you for all your help.