Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
blucajun blucajun is offline

Default IF Function Question

Ahhh, that's what I was doing wrong. I was wanting to put the forumla in
column B. Silly me. Thanks!!

"Michael" wrote:

This is the formula

If(B327="",E327,B327)

Michael Arch

Please rate posting if helpful

"blucajun" wrote:

I'm having trouble figuring out how to properly do an =IF to make this work
the way I need. I have text in columns B & E, but some of the cells in
column B are empty. I need a formula that will look at column B and if it is
empty, copy the data from column E. If the cell in column B is not empty,
then keep what it already has. I tried using =IF(B327<"", E327, B327), but
I know the false is wrong. How do I accomplish this?