Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default IF Function Question

Try it the other way round:

=IF(B327<"", B327,E327)

or

=IF(B327="",E327,B327)

--
HTH

Sandy
In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotlandand the crowning place of kings

"blucajun" wrote in message
I'm having trouble figuring out how to properly do an =IF to make this
work
the way I need. I have text in columns B & E, but some of the cells in
column B are empty. I need a formula that will look at column B and if it
is
empty, copy the data from column E. If the cell in column B is not empty,
then keep what it already has. I tried using =IF(B327<"", E327, B327),
but
I know the false is wrong. How do I accomplish this?