Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KLZA KLZA is offline

Default Mouse controlled auto sum feature lost

On Aug 1, 3:54 pm, Lost is Allentown
wrote:
The bar isn't there. There is nothing below the tabs of the workbook. How
do I get the bar?

"Niek Otten" wrote:
Right-click in that bar and you'll get a choice

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Lost is Allentown" <Lost is wrote in message
| HELP!
| I used to be able to use my mouse to highlight a range of cells in Excel and
| have the sum, min, max, avg, etc displayed at the bottom of the spreadsheet
| in what looked like a gray toolbar that was below the tabs of the spreadsheet
| and contained the word 'Ready'. Somehow I lost the ability to do this. Is
| this an Option, Toolbar, or what that I need to turn on to activate this
| feature again?

Go to View Status Bar. Once enabled, you can right-click and you
get the following options: AVG, COUNT, COUNT NUMS, MAX, MIN, and of
course SUM. :)