Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Change cell value without chaning formula

Hazarding a thought here ..

You could be referring to a defined/named range called: "total"

Try clicking Insert Name Define
The options to change defined names are there
eg In the Define Name dialog, select "total", then edit the name within the
"Names in workbook" box to say "Totalled". Click Add. Then re-select "total"
again, click Delete. Click OK to dismiss the dialog.

--
Max
Singapore
"Daniel" wrote:
When I click on the cell with name "total", the formula bar show a formula.
When I click on the formula bar to change it name, the formula is gone !
How can I change the "total" to diferent name? without changing my formula
I think this is excel basic but I don't know
Thanks for your help
Daniel