Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change cell value without chaning formula

How can I do it?
Daniel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 31 Jul, 23:52, Daniel wrote:
How can I do it?
Daniel

Daniel,

What do you mean ?

Give an example.

Matthew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I click on the cell with name "total", the formula bar show a formula.
When I click on the formula bar to change it name, the formula is gone !
How can I change the "total" to diferent name? without changing my formula
I think this is excel basic but I don't know
Thanks for your help
Daniel

"Matthew" wrote:

On 31 Jul, 23:52, Daniel wrote:
How can I do it?
Daniel

Daniel,

What do you mean ?

Give an example.

Matthew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change the value in the cell the formula references.

I have in A1 =B1

B1 is qwerty

A1 reads qwerty

Change B1 to asdfgh and A1 will read asdfgh

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:52:00 -0700, Daniel
wrote:

How can I do it?
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Hazarding a thought here ..

You could be referring to a defined/named range called: "total"

Try clicking Insert Name Define
The options to change defined names are there
eg In the Define Name dialog, select "total", then edit the name within the
"Names in workbook" box to say "Totalled". Click Add. Then re-select "total"
again, click Delete. Click OK to dismiss the dialog.

--
Max
Singapore
"Daniel" wrote:
When I click on the cell with name "total", the formula bar show a formula.
When I click on the formula bar to change it name, the formula is gone !
How can I change the "total" to diferent name? without changing my formula
I think this is excel basic but I don't know
Thanks for your help
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Then my earlier guess was out.
... and I'm out of further guesses here, sorry.
--
"Daniel" wrote in message
Could not see "total" in define name?
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Note that a cell *cannot* contain both a formula & a constant value at the
same time. If you delete/type over the formula with say some text, then of
course the formula's gone. Perhaps you were trying to do that?
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---

Import with out chaning to a date 2/10/02 ends up 2/10/2002 gccurtis Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 17th 07 09:24 PM
Macro chaning pcor New Users to Excel 4 September 21st 06 07:39 PM
Formula help, chaning a cell number within the formula [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 18th 06 02:44 PM
Chaning X axis scale in Excel 2003 wendythelwell Charts and Charting in Excel 2 August 9th 05 02:35 PM
Chaning Print Settings in Password Protected File Cheryl B. Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 3rd 05 11:19 PM