Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
poppiekat via OfficeKB.com poppiekat via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Need Help in Creating Excel Formula

JE McGimpsey wrote:
One way:

With $100 in cell C3, in cell D3 enter

= C3 * 5%

(since $5 is 5% of $100, not 0.05%). Format cell D3 as currency.

I need step by step instructions on how to build a formula. Example:
Column "C", row 3.1 has $100 in it and I want a tax amount of .05 percent of
that $100 (which would be $5) to appear in Column "D" of that same line.

Thanks for the help....I tried =C3*5% and it worked but when I made an entry
of $50.00 in the next row (which would be row 4) the formula did not
calculate an amount in column "D".

IS THERE A WAY TO SAVE THE FORMULA IN COLUMN "C" SO IT WILL CALCULATE THE 5%
WHEN AN ENTRY IS MADE IN THE NEXT LINE (WHICH WOULD BE LINE 4)? In other
words, my page has 15 rows in it and every time I enter an amount in column
"C" in each of these 15 rows, I would want the formula of 5% to appear in
column "D".