Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kesbutler Kesbutler is offline

Default How do I sort or filter rows without column A data changing?

So, here is what I want to do. I apply a filter to the columns I want. but
when you filter column A still filters.

What I am doing is column A is numbered 1, 2, 3.... and I want the rows to
always be in that order even if the data is filtered. but when you filter the
numbers move as with the filtered data.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

You need to be more specific.

You can filter any column you want, so if you don't want to filter column A,
then choose another column.

If you mean you don't want to see a dropdown box in column A, then select the
columns you do want to filter before choosing DataFilter.

Fred

"Kesbutler" wrote in message
I want to filter my spreadsheet but do not want column A to filter.