Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Registry setting for default document type?

When something other than the default file format is made the save default
it is saved in the registry for Excel 2003 he

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\E xcel\Options\DefaultFormat

Just deleting this entry will set Excel back to the normal format.

--
Jim