Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Rounding problems

You could set up a table like this (eg in X1:Y7:

0 80
81 100
101 125
126 160
161 200
201 250
251 315

then use

=CEILING(A1,VLOOKUP(A1,X$1:Y$7,2))

Not sure what you want to happen if the number is above 315.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jul 26, 12:54 pm, Ste101 wrote:
Thanks that great, just need the rounding up to a non-multiple problem
solving now

"Bob Phillips" wrote:
=CEILING(A1,50)

any number can be used instead of 50

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Ste101" wrote in message
How would I round up to the nearest 50 in an excell cell? MROUND won't
work
as I always want to round up not down.

Also can I round up to non multples? I.e round up to to the nearest value
out of the following: 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 315

Thanks- Hide quoted text -