Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Number format to date

Excel opens them as dates not saving them. Test that by format as text, put
in 01-15-2000 as text, save as *.CSV and open the file in notepad or any
text editor. If you open them in Excel it converts them, to dates, so if you
need to open them in Excel you can import them instead as text using the
text import wizard

Peo Sjoblom

"Maxfli" wrote in message
When I save a spreadsheet to .csv and it has account numbers "01-15-2000"
Excel automatically saves them as dates. I can Lock the cell, format it
as
text, etc. and it has no effect.

I need to use .csv to upload data to my ERP application. If I use an " '
"
in front of the data the upload doesn't read it correctly as just the
account
code.

I need to use a "shout out" --- HELP!!
--