Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Pivot (Crosstab) Table format

Thakn yuo, ma'am.

<vbg

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

In Excel 2007 it will create a table in the default table style. The
number columns are all in General format.

Dave Peterson wrote:
Maybe someone running xl2007 will jump in.

Dave wrote:

Will the newest version of Excel help this?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Format it the way you like.

I guess your real question is why doesn't excel keep the same formatting as the
worksheet that contained the original data.

It doesn't. I don't think you'll be able to change that behavior.

Dave wrote:

When I double click a cell that has a roll-up value in it, another Excel
sheet opens with the detail. How do I format the results detail? It is a
series of numbers and the decimal places will go out 16 places, although the
crosstab table looks just fine..

Thanks

Dave K

--