Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cyrock1 cyrock1 is offline

Default Excel functions

I seem to be having trouble with the paste part. Do I highlight the column
by clicking on the letter above it and pasting or do I manually highlight all
the column and paste? Neither seem to be working for me.
PS I'm heading off to work so you won't see any response to this until
tomorrow but thanks for all the help.

"Steve" wrote:

Just copy the formula and paste to the rest of column M - it will change each
row to C2, then C3, etc

"cyrock1" wrote:

Steve's answer worked. but now I want this function to work for the entire
column. I can manually change the The row number each time but there has to
be an easier way.

"John Bundy" wrote:

See if this does what you are asking, paste in M1 or adapt for your first cell.
=IF(C1="Red",1,IF(C2="black",1,""))
--
-John
is helpful.

"cyrock1" wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a function for a column. I want column M to look at
column C and IF the word in column C is "black" or "red" i want column M to
show a value of "1"