Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Does anyone read books?

LOL!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave Thomas" wrote in message
. net...
You really don't want to help anyone. Just show your "MVP". If you did,
you would suggest books to read and other sources of learning. . Not act
like an "MVP". Grow up.

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Why are so many of your posts duplicates? You only have to click the SEND
button once. I suggest your get a good book. <g

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave Thomas" wrote in message
et...
If I were new to a subject, I would read a book about it and practice
the exercises, rather than ask simple questions like: "How do I add the
value in cell A1 to the value in cell A2 and put the result in cell
A3?". Excel is like algebra. After discovering the solution to the
equation 4x+1 = 9, (answer: x = 2), by asking someone else, did you
learn how to derive the answer by yourself and will you always continue
to ask for help rather than getting a book on the subject, be it Excel
or algebra, and learn by reading? Or is that too difficult? I see so
often, "I just got Excel, but I'm not willing to read and learn so I'll
ask others." Got news for you. That approach will not work; you won't
learn much about Excel or anything else for that matter. Have fun. :).
We all have questions about things such as Excel or algebra. It's just
that some of us try to rely upon ourselves before asking others, whereas
some just say: someone else will provide the answer.

To those of you brand new to Excel, I recommend books such as:

For absolute newbies:

Excel 2003 Step by Step (ISBN: 0-7356-1518-7) or Excel 2007 Step by
Step (0-7356-2304-X) both $24.99 at Barnes and Noble

Beyond newbie:

Excel 2003 Bible (ISBN: 0-7645-3967-1) or Excel 2007 Bible (ISBN:
0-4700-4403-9) both $39.99 at Barnes and Noble
Excel 2003 Inside Out (ISBN: 0-7356-1511-X) or Excel 2007 Inside Out
(ISBN: 0-7356-2321-X) both $44.99 at Barnes and Noble.

Just a thought. May your days be kind to you.

Regards,

Dave