Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cricket7 cricket7 is offline

Default pivot table and grouping

Last week I was able to get grouping to work in my pivot table and
made 2 reports. One for April and one for May. This week I am trying
to make one for JUne and one for July but I keep getting the error
message " cannot group that selection". I cannot figure out what I am
doing wrong. I have moved the date/time field to different places. I
have tried using just a date field. But nothing works.

Is there a resource online that I can learn more about using the pivot
tables and reports. Hopefully by practicing.

THanks.