Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default formula for database search - is it possible?

Hi,

You can use Advanced Filter. Please go through the Advanced filter section
in on-line filter.

Note: You can extract data by specifying crtieria for each field in a record
on combination of criteraia.

Challa Prabhu

"sos-DC" wrote:

I have a huge database and know there are many dups in it.

Is there an Excel formula (or any other easy way) to find the dup addresses?

What I am trying to do in the following example is look for every address on
the same street name regarding of the additional information in the cell.

123 Main
123 E Main
123 Main Street
123 Main St
123 Main Ave

Is it possible include the ability to pull out the entire row and place it
elsewhere?

Many years ago when I was using a Mac I was able to go to the end of the
database and sent up a location for the data and then do some kind of search
to pull only the matching items and list them below in order to do a print
merge. Never been able to figure out how to do this in the IBM-compatible
software.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.