Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Randy Randy is offline

Default Date

Maybe I wasn't clear.. and when when read my question over I could see how I
may get the wrong answer.. let me attempt to be a little more clear.. When I
pass over a cell.. I mean like <tab through a series of cells and when I go
through a 'date' cell it automatically inserts the current date.. I think
I've been able to do it before.. I know about the CTRL+;.. and about the
TODAY() functions.. maybe this function really isn't possible.. please let me
know
--
Randy

"Dave Thomas" wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by passing over a cell. If you select the cell
and press CTRL+; (semi-colon), Excel inserts today's date in the cell. If
you put the formula: =TODAY(), that will put today's date in the cell every
time the worksheet is recalculated. CTRL+: (colon) puts the current system
time in the cell

"Randy" wrote in message
Is there some way that just by passing over a cell in Excel it will
automatically insert the current date.. I think I've done this with past
versions of Excel.. but I can't seem to remember how I did it and I can't
seem to find any documentation on how to automate this task
--
Randy