Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.misc
doofy doofy is offline

Default Summing not summing

I've got a worksheet, and it references values in a second worksheet.
The values are transposed (via cell formula from the second worksheet)
onto the first worksheet.

When the cell formula is: ='sql link'!u3

The values from the second worksheet show up fine. So I have a column
of these:

='sql link'!u3
='sql link'!v3
='sql link'!w3
='sql link'!x3
='sql link'!y3

at the bottom I have a formula that sums those values:

=sum(d2:d6)

I get zero in that field, though the total of the values above do not
equal zero.

If I tried a test cell below the sum field:

=d2

and it correctly picks up the value of the field from the column above.
The sum field should work. Why isn't it?