Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Calculation Error

Not sure, if I pull the decimal out to 4 spaces, the number in K15 is
78.5104, which is correct for the problem.

?? Are you sure? 78.5104 * 3784 = 297083.3536
--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Dawn" wrote in message
Not sure, if I pull the decimal out to 4 spaces, the number in K15 is
78.5104, which is correct for the problem.

"Monish" wrote:

so your problem is not with this formula but rather with the one in
K15...the
difference appears to be a rounding issue (K15 changes from 78.507 to
78.51
to give you 297,083 instead of 297,702)

"Dawn" wrote:

I tried that and still came up with the wrong answer. The answer
should be
297,072, and I'm getting 297,083.

"Monish" wrote:

replace "*" with ","

"Dawn" wrote:

I have a formula that won't give the right answer. I have tried
pretty much
everything that I can think of. From the Tools drop down, the Alt
F9. Here
is my formula: =PRODUCT(K15*3784). I'm not sure if it might have
something
to do with the fact that K15 also has a formula in it. Could you
help me
with this?