Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Formula to return position of the next Non-blank cell in a col

... row number ..

=MATCH(INDEX(INDIRECT(C1 &":A100"),MATCH(TRUE,INDIRECT(C1
&":A100")<"",0),0),A:A,0)

with CSE

"PCLIVE" wrote:

I had already thought of that, which is pretty easy. But I wanted to try
and achieve this with a formula since I have no other reasons to run code
here.

Any other ideas?

"Don Guillett" wrote in message
How about a macro?
Sub nextnonblankvalue()
MsgBox ActiveCell.End(xlDown)

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"PCLIVE" wrote in message
Given the position of a non-blank cell in a column, is there a way to
return the position of the next non-blank cell in the same column?

Example:
The given position of A1 is not blank. There is an unknown number of
consecutive spaces (blank cells) that follow in the same column. Is
there a formula that will tell me the position of the next non-blank
cell?

1 Test
2
3
4
5
6 UnknownData

The formula should be able to somehow return the row number or position
of the next non-blank cell, in this case would be row 6 or cell A6. Keep
in mind that the next value is unknown. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Paul