Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Martin[_3_] Martin[_3_] is offline

Default Excel Newbie...How To Re-Order Data from PDF File

Hello Gord,

Thank you for the instructions and links.

Being a newbie to Excel (and PDF somewhat), I hope that converting from PDF
to Excel is just as easy as re-ordering a column in Excel itself!

Regards,

Martin

| You could import/copy the PDF into Excel, do the sorting and save as a new
PDF

wrote:

| Hello David and/or whomever else reads this post:
|
| In addition to Excel spreadsheets as described below, I also have PDF
files
| with the same type of information and in the same format from left to
right.

| Just as with the Excel spreadsheet, the monetary amounts are neither in
| ascending or descending order; they are in random "order".
|
| Is there any way, even if quite difficult, to modify a PDF file so that
its
| contents will be similar to those of a spreadsheet after re-ordering?
|
| Once again, thank you for any assistance provided!
|
| Regards,
|
| Martin
|
| "Martin" wrote in message
| . ..
| | Hello David,
| |
| | Thank you very much for the instructions.
| |
| | I thought that the re-ordering would be quite difficult to achieve. On
the
| | contrary, your instructions made it quite easy.
| |
| | Much appreciated!
| |
| | Regards,
| |
| | Martin
| |
| | "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote in message
| || Select your data range, including all the relevant rows and columns.
| Then
| || Data/ Sort by .../ and choose the relevant column by which to sort.
| || --
| || David Biddulph
| ||
| || "Martin" wrote in message
| || .. .
| || Hello,
| ||
| || I'm 100% new to Excel (btw, I have Excel 2002) and need assistance
with
| || the
| || following, please.
| ||
| || I have an Excel spreadsheet, running many hundreds of pages, that
has 7
| || columns.
| ||
| || They are, from left to right, as follows:
| ||
| || 1. Person's name
| || 2. Person's street address
| || 3. Person's city
| || 4. Person's state
| || 5. Person's Zip code
| || 6. Reference number assigned to the person
| || 7. Monetary amount
| ||
| || The *current* spreadsheet is neither in alphabetical nor numerical
| | order.
| ||
| || For example, 3 consecutive entries may appear as:
| ||
| || Poe, John 895 Main Street New York NY 10120 753 6.20
| || Allan, David 456 Pear Ave Iselin NJ 08830 421 342.57
| || Doe, Jane 567 Oscar Street Atlanta GA 77731 525 1.23
| ||
| || What I would like to do is re-order the spreadsheet by *monetary
| | amount*,
| || as
| || long as the data associated with each amount is maintained by the
same
| || re-ordering.
| ||
| || To be more specific, I wish the spreadsheet to appear as:
| ||
| || Doe, Jane 567 Oscar Street Atlanta GA 77731 525 1.23
| || Poe, John 895 Main Street New York NY 10120 753 6.20
| || Allan, David 456 Pear Ave Iselin NJ 08830 421 342.57
| ||
| || OR
| ||
| || Allan, David 456 Pear Ave Iselin NJ 08830 421 342.57
| || Poe, John 895 Main Street New York NY 10120 753 6.20
| || Doe, Jane 567 Oscar Street Atlanta GA 77731 525 1.23
| ||
| || Any help would be greatly appreciated!
| ||
| || Thank you.