Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Thomas Dave Thomas is offline

Default Date

I'm not sure what you mean by passing over a cell. If you select the cell
and press CTRL+; (semi-colon), Excel inserts today's date in the cell. If
you put the formula: =TODAY(), that will put today's date in the cell every
time the worksheet is recalculated. CTRL+: (colon) puts the current system
time in the cell

"Randy" wrote in message
Is there some way that just by passing over a cell in Excel it will
automatically insert the current date.. I think I've done this with past
versions of Excel.. but I can't seem to remember how I did it and I can't
seem to find any documentation on how to automate this task
--
Randy