Ron

I was succesful in adding a combo box but could not get it to work properly.
When I double click it does not show the drop down menu. Is there an easy
was to copy the example from Debra into my spreadsheet. What changes doI
need to make?

"Max" wrote:

Think this previous post by Debra Dalgleish would be of help:

"Although data validation doesn't support autocomplete, there's a sample
file here that provides a combobox from which you can select one of the
values from the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable
autocomplete:
Under 'Data Validation', look for 'Data Validation Combobox' "

--
Rgds
Max
"Ron" wrote in message
Is is possible when you have a drop down menu, to have excel short list

the
menu as you type in more charcaters of the text. For example a have a

list
of several hundred customers. I start inputting the first few letters of

the
customers name, I would like that list of several hundred to be shortened

only include thaise customers that begin with the letters I have typed in.

Thanks