Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default Calculate value in a text filled cell

"D--" wrote...
Unfortunately, the way this spreadsheet is setup, it isn't just the months
cell. There are others I am trying to modify which are shown as terms
which
need to compute as well.

Such as, $800.00 (3 Mos.)/$950.00 (3 Mos.) in one cell as text which
needs
to be computed as (800*3)+(950*3) in the cell so I can calculate the
columns.

sorry, I inherited this project and the spreadsheet is in a format everyone
likes but it just isn't functional so I am making he circle fit into the
square hole.

If you inherited this, then it's been around for a while? If so, this is NEW
functionality you'd be adding?

How broad a range of such foolish text entries? Would there be Wks. and Yrs.
in addition to Mos.? Would there be Months, Mnths, Mnths., Mos in addition
to Mos.? Similarly for weeks and years?