Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Excel Bi-weekly time sheet change dates to Thursday- Wednesday

The Monday to Sunday in Column A of that template is hard-coded weekdays...no
formulas.

Just change Monday to Thursday and copy down. The days will change.

The dates in column B are formula driven.

Just change the date in Start Date at K6.

End Date is formula driven from Start Date so no need to touch it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:32:03 -0700, cainart
wrote:

Hello
I think I need a little more information, thank you. It looks like you want
me to put in this case it is A15 for the start date and instead of Thursday
you want me to put in A14+1 and copy down (not sure what you mean). Please
understand I have never formatted anything before so I need detailed info to
accomplish this. It sounds like you can help if you have the patience.
I look forward to your response, thank you.
cainart

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Starting with the cell representing the first day - let's assume this is
cell A5, enter
=A1 where A1 represents the cell location where you have entered start
date.

In A6 enter =
A5+1 and copy down.
Format the cells, FormatCellNumberCustom dddd

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"cainart" wrote in message
I downloaded a Bi-weekly timesheet for Excel. The timesheet is perfect
except for the date part. The time sheet comes with a Monday to
Friday
bi-weekly time set-up and I need to change it to a Thursday to
Wednesday
bi-weekly time set-up. At present I had to individually change the
days
starting with the Thursday and when I change the start date and ending
dates
the only days that automatically change are the first Thursday to
Sunday
settings (4 days). How do I set it up so that all days change when I
put the
start date and end date at the top of the sheet?