Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Calculate value in a text filled cell

While it maybe possible to do by using formulas, it would be rather time
consuming to construct said formula to cover all possible angles. Your best
hopes are probably VBA code or someone with lots of community spirit and
lots of times on their hands

Peo Sjoblom

"D--" wrote in message
Unfortunately, the way this spreadsheet is setup, it isn't just the months
cell. There are others I am trying to modify which are shown as terms
which
need to compute as well.

Such as, $800.00 (3 Mos.)/$950.00 (3 Mos.) in one cell as text which
needs
to be computed as (800*3)+(950*3) in the cell so I can calculate the
columns.

sorry, I inherited this project and the spreadsheet is in a format
everyone
likes but it just isn't functional so I am making he circle fit into the
square hole.

"D--" wrote:

How can you setup a cell with text and assign a value to that cell so
when
you sum the columns, the value computes. For example, I have a cell
contract
terms with a text value of "6 months", how do I setup the cell so it's
value
for formulas is "6" so it will compute the sum of the contracts based on
the
months?

Thanks, D-