Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
D--[_2_] D--[_2_] is offline

Default Calculate value in a text filled cell

Unfortunately, the way this spreadsheet is setup, it isn't just the months
cell. There are others I am trying to modify which are shown as terms which
need to compute as well.

Such as, $800.00 (3 Mos.)/$950.00 (3 Mos.) in one cell as text which needs
to be computed as (800*3)+(950*3) in the cell so I can calculate the columns.

sorry, I inherited this project and the spreadsheet is in a format everyone
likes but it just isn't functional so I am making he circle fit into the
square hole.

"D--" wrote:

How can you setup a cell with text and assign a value to that cell so when
you sum the columns, the value computes. For example, I have a cell contract
terms with a text value of "6 months", how do I setup the cell so it's value
for formulas is "6" so it will compute the sum of the contracts based on the
months?

Thanks, D-