Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AnneMarie AnneMarie is offline

Default Identify New Added Rows

Could someone tell me how to write an If-then statement that will identify if
a new row is added to a range? For example, we have a range of data from A8
to J329 that covers a financial accounting system. In some cases, a new
account number will be added simply by inserting a new row which throws off
the template designed for keeping up with the different accounts.

I need a simple flag in a cell that will change color or put an asterisk or
do something so that I know a new row has been added rather than each time
counting rows or comparing account numbers....is this possible?

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.