Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
R Scott Lowden R Scott Lowden is offline

Default Is there a way to sort a list of multi-line items?

Harlan,
Thanks for the response. Sorry I did not get back to you with more
information sooner. I haven't been on this computer to check my e-mail in a
while.

To answer your question - the 1st 3 lines of the worksheet has headers for
all the fields. I would like to be able to sort on any of the items in any of
the three rows, but if not, I'd figure out a way to make it work just sorting
on items in the 1st row.

--
Scott Lowden

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

R Scott Lowden wrote...
I have a list of items that contain 3 rows for each item. Does
anyone know of a relatively easy way to sort the list by different
'fields' in each item?

More details needed. Does your data have identifying fields only in
the top row of 3 rows for each item?