Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default this formulas is in English ... what is it in German?

If you go into the VBIDE (ALt-F11), and ensure that the immediate window is
open (Ctrl-G), and in there assign the formula to the activecell, in English
(always in English), like so

Activecell.Value = "=len(a1)-len(substitute(a1,""@"",""""))"

If you then go back to Excel (Alt-F11), the formula will be in the local
language, complete translation.

--
HTH

Bob

"Andrewsan" wrote in message
hallo Bob

I'm not sure I understand that comment ...
can you say it again with different words, please?

I tried looked for activecell.value in Excel help, but found no reference

cheers
Andrew

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

or enter it in English in the immediate window as an activecell.value