Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default Freeze Pane Saving

Certainly should be saved with the workbook, but if you
don't make a change to the workbook then it would not be
saved. Suggest you use File, Save to make sure it is saved.

Freeze Panes for view and Repeat row/col headings for printing
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Hank" wrote in message ...
In Excel 2003 I would like to Freeze the header row on each worksheet and
have this "Freeze Pane" save when the workbook is closed.

Should the Freeze pane save? If not, is there a way to do this so the
header rows are always visible. I can indicate which rows I want to print
at the top of each page with page setup. I'm trying to keep from haveing to
freeze pane each time I open the workbook.

Thanks
Hank