Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter Del Cotter is offline

Default Creating graph from values in multiple tabs within workbook

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
roger lewis said:

"Del Cotter" wrote in message
I am trying to produce a simple line graph from values in worksheets
within a workbook. I thought that you could hold the ctrl key down
and select the data from each cell in the worksheet but I have
obviously got that wrong.

Don't try to take values straight out of the workbooks and straight into
a chart. You're only making life unnecessarily hard for yourself. Take
values from the workbooks and put them into a range in one summary
workbook and build the chart there.

Ok Del, many thanks for your reply. I will collate the info onto one page
and chart from that. Perhaps I was trying to be too clever.

There are still opportunities for automating the process. Have a look at
the INDIRECT() function, and see if you can use "foo"&"bar" create a
text string that evaluates to a particular cell in each workbook you are
building from. You might find you can create a column of workbook names
and a row of cell references, and build the block of chart data from
that.

--
Del Cotter