Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] krcowen@aol.com is offline

Default Insert a column within a range of cells

It sounds like you don't really want to insert a column. You just
want to insert some cells in some selected rows. If you highlight the
range of cells where you want to insert the "column" then click Insert
- Cells you will be prompted to "Shift cells right", "Shift cells
down", "Entire row" or "Entire column". I suspect from your
description you will want to "shift cells right" since that will be
like inserting a column, for a specific group of rows.

Good luck.

Ken
Norfolk, Va

On Jun 22, 4:03 pm, Retirement Guy
wrote:
I need to insert a column into a range of cells without inserting a column in
the whole worksheet.