Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Deb RW[_2_] Deb RW[_2_] is offline

Default Text box function is disabled ...

OK, I'm embarrassed ... I posted about this two days ago and despite an
hour's worth of efforts, cannot find the thread. I have an Excel document in
Vista (though it has been saved to be compatible with Office 2003) with text
boxes. I am unable to select a text box to move it, edit the text, or delete
it. I am unable to insert a new text box (option is greyed out). None of the
worksheets in the document are protected. When I copy an entire worksheet to
a new document, the text boxes do not copy over.

I've tried saving the document as several different types of Excel files
(options in Vista), but the problem still exists. I know this is probably
something really simple, but I can't figure it out.

Any ideas? Anybody?