Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
havocdragon havocdragon is offline

Default How do I get my personal settings back?

Ive tried clicking on it when excel is closed, and it gives me the excel
shell window (no workbook open just the menus) I try opening something from
there and saving it and when I open any excel file or a new book it reverts
back, its really wierd.

Yes that is also where I have put the excel11.xlb file

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Excel11.xlb is stored in this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Is that where you have it?

If so, what occurs when you double-click to open Excel11.xlb with Excel closed?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:53:23 -0700, havocdragon
wrote:

Hey all. Long story short, hard drive on my work laptop died, but I had a
backup. so I am transfering stuff back over, and I have my excel11.xlb file
and I put it where it should go, but the settings are not showing up in
excel. Any ideas?