Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Pivot table data filter

Hi Neil

If you de-select a field from the Data area, it is removed totally, and
you have to drag it back in again.

Try adding the field to the Row area, AND to the Data area.
Use the dropdown on the Row filed to select or deselect the items.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Neil" wrote in message
I have a pivot table with matching chart. I used the layout function to
get
it how i want but in the data section there is 2 types of data. They
apear
fine and i can read them and see them in the chart ok, but if i want
select just one to see it on its own i can , but the one i didn't
select the
option is missing from the list. Taking the data out. Both sets of
data are
set as Sum, but on other pivot tables i have done in the past this has
worked
when i have been using count.

Any ideas

Thanks