Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NilsIvar NilsIvar is offline

Default Date format problem

Another option is to use
Edit/Replace
Search for €˜ and leave the replace box empty.
This will remove the €˜
--
-----------
HTH

NilsIvar

JMB skrev:

Try selecting your data then click Data/Text To Columns

Step 1: Select Delimited
Step 2: Uncheck any delimiters that are selected
Step 3: Under Data Format, select Data and MDY

Test it on a sample of your data to see if it works first. After the data
is changed to numeric you can reformat to your desired date format using
Cells/Format.

"Natalie" wrote:

Hi all,

The dates in my column are preceded by and apostrophe. Anyone knows a quick
way to get rid of the apostrophe. I have about 3000 rows on the spreadsheet.

This is how the date appear

€˜ 04/05/2007

To get rid of it I back space or delete the apostrophe.

Thanks for your help!