Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

Default VIN Number sorting

good catch, I forgot subtotal

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=SUBTOTAL(3,your range)

"HRassist" wrote:

I got the filter to work!!!! -- Now.. one more thing.... how can I use a
Count function on a filtered column with out it counting all of the rows that
are hidden? (in order to count how many vins were pulled?)

THANKS BJ!!

"bj" wrote:

check out <data<filter either auto filter or advanced filter could
potencially do what you want

"HRassist" wrote:

I have over 12000 VIN numbers on a worksheet. What I would like to do is find
an equation that would pull all of the VIN numbers that started with a
certain sequence of numbers & Letters -
Ie all VIN numbers that begin with RVS1T3. I've tried using the V-Lookup
and I can't seem to get the equation to pull correctly.
Please help!

Thank you