Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers Toppers is offline

Default Choosing last set of data in column

Assuming headings/data in row 1 and NO blanks, then use this for named range:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-5,COUNTA(Sheet1!1:1)-5,5,5)

HTH

"Erik" wrote:

Ok, that worked for that problem but I have another issue. I also want to
choose the last five columns to graph. I have data, 30 cells worth, that I
want to graph in columns but I only want the last five of them also. For
instance, I have graphed data right now in columns K through O with 30 cells
of data in each column. If I put data in column 'P' is there a way to drop
off column K and add column 'P' automatically?

"Toppers" wrote:

Assuming data is columns A & B:

Create named range e.g MyData

Refers to:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-5,0,5,2)

Use Mydata as your source

"Max" wrote:

Assuming source data (ie numbers) are running in A1 down (data is assumed
continuous with no blank cells)

Select a 5 cell column range, say select B1:B5,
then place in the formula bar:
=OFFSET(INDIRECT("A"&COUNT(A:A)+1),,,-5)
Array-enter the formula by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
(instead of just pressing ENTER)

B1:B5 will return the last 5 cells in col A.
Plot the graph using B1:B5 as source.
--
Max
Singapore
"Erik" wrote:
How do I choose the last five sets of data in a column. I want to make a
chart that continually updates as I add in data but only with the last five
sets of data. Is this possible with "offset" and how would I do this?

Erik