Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Copying Formulas from Workbook to Workbook

Rupert,

In WB1 select cell and Copy.
In WB2 select cell right click and paste.

There should be no link to WB1 retained.

Mike

"Rupert" wrote:

How does one copy a formula from one workbook (WB) to another without the new
formula not referencing back to the orginal workbook? E.g. when I copy a
formula from WB1 that adds two cells in WB1 together and paste it into WB2
the formula now in WB2 still adds the 2 cells in WB1 and posts the result in
WB2. I want the just formula to be copied so that the two cells added are
from WB2. Paste Special doesn't help.
--
R H Ingram