Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert date from text format to date format

You haven't told us what you've tried.

If the value is actually a date, then you should be able to format as
d/m/yyyy.

If you format it as a number, then you can see whether it changes to 39225;
if the format doesn't change, then it's stored as text, rather than a date.
In that case, data, text to columns, specify input format as date MDY, will
do the job.
--
David Biddulph

"Anita" wrote in message
Sorry to ask this again but I've read the other posts and just can't get
this
to work.

I've imported some data from our database system and the dates come across
in american format and the format is set to general in Excel. The dates
look
like this...

5/23/2007

How can I change it to read 23/5/2007.

Many many thanks in advance - if I can get this to work I'll be so
pleased!

Anita