Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Becky Becky is offline

Default List menu question

Yeah, how do I do that, though?

"vezerid" wrote:

On Jun 1, 4:36 pm, Becky wrote:
What do you mean by "user form"?

"vezerid" wrote:
On Jun 1, 4:10 pm, Becky wrote:
So I've created a list of products. I'd like to be able to start typing in
the name of the product, and the list automatically go down to where that
product is located on the list.

Currently, if you click in the cell that contains the list, you're able to
type the product name, but it's entering the name as if you were trying to
enter the name in the cell, and not select it from the drop-down menu. Once
you hit "enter", it says the value is invalid.

Know any way to type to be able to scroll down the menu?

I don;t think this can be done from Excel, even with VBA. Would you
settle for a user form with the same behavior?

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

I mean that you will not be typing the name in an Excel cell but a
form (like the menu dialog boxes) will be up and you will be typing
there. As you type you will see the Excel selection change on the
grid. Is this something you could live with?

Kostis