Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid vezerid is offline

Default Date question

On May 31, 9:50 pm, Jman wrote:
This formula is what i was looking for.. Sorry for not posting the question
correctly.. I need to stop posting at 3am and do what most people then,
sleep.
Once again i am not suprised how you guys figured out what i was trying to
say in my own little world.. you guys are genius.
Thanks again..

"vezerid" wrote:
On May 31, 1:45 pm, Jman wrote:
I have in column A numbers 1-12 all representing the months in a year.
When i put in this formula =month(B1)
i get the numbers of the months... Is there a formula that gives me only the
NAME of the month, NOT the number.

A1 equals "2" how can this number be changed to say "feb" instead of 2?
B1 2-04-07

=TEXT(DATE(1900,A1,1),"Mmm")

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Glad it worked. As to the background behind figuring out your
intentions, thank my students who always find it hard to comprehend
what MONTH(MONTH(x)) returns.<grin

Kostis